From Allah’s countless creation He has given preference and significance to some creations over others. Good deeds done in certain months and days are more sacred and beloved in the sight of Allah than others. Out of these significant days we are coming near to one of the greatest days of the year, the day of Arafah, 9th Dul Hijjah.
What makes it so significant?
On this day:
* Our religion was completed.
* It is the day Allah took oath from the children of Adam عليه السلام
* It is the main day for those performing Hajj, a Hajj cannot be completed without observing the Day of Arafah.
* Its a day of forgiveness and the day Allah frees His slaves from hellfire.
* Its one of the days from the Sacred months and also from the first 10 days of Dul Hijjah, in which the deeds are most beloved to Allah.
* Allah has taken oath by this day in the Quran. [Surah Fajr:2]
How to observe the Day of Arafah?
The Prophet PBUH has said about the fast on Arafat Day: “It will expiate the sins of the previous and upcoming year.”
The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The best supplication is that which is made on the day of ‘Arafāt. The best of it is what was said by myself and the prophets before me: There is no god but Allah alone without any partners, unto him belong the dominion and all praise and he has power over all things [ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ].”
* Increase in takbeer and tahleel.
May Allah swt accept our good deeds and forgive all our sins.