I would like to start by thanking Safa for nominating our blog for the Liebster Award amongst the so many deserving ones. Check out her blog at https://footprintsinarabia.wordpress.com/ . I would also like to apologize on replying so late. It’s just that being a university student leaves you very little time for anything else apart from studies.
Here are my replies to her questions:
-Why did you start a blog?
I have been busy learning about Islam at university for four years now and I wanted to share all the things I had learned and will be learning. So I discussed it with my friends and the four of us came up with the blog idea.
– What’s your fondest childhood memory?
I used to be a complete tom boy when I was a kid and I would go to the masjid (mosque) with my father to pray in congregation. The Imam thought of me as boy and would call me Fatim(my name is Fatima).
-What’s the most important thing in your life?
My family and education…
-If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Well I am a very responsible person and I can’t really bear laziness and careless attitude. This makes it very hard for me to work in a group. I end up worrying about everyone. I want to have a more pragmatic approach towards this.
-What’s your greatest achievement and how has it shaped you?
I got highest marks in IGCSE Biology from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 2011 from University from Cambridge. I became more confident after that. It helped me in setting greater goals for myself. This achievement was the milestone to my greater accomplishments.
-If you could speak another language, which would it be and why??
I am already fluent with three alhamduliAllah, but if I get a chance to learn another one it would be French. Many people in Africa and Canada speak French and I find it a helpful tool in preaching.
-Who is your favourite Quran reciter?
There are many I listen to but Maher al Mueaqly, Mohammad Luhaidaan and Naser al Qatami are among my favorite ones.
-Which surah/surahs you love to listen? why?
I love listening to Surah Maryam and Baqarah. Surah Maryam because it starts with a miracle and listening to it always strengthens my faith in the omnipotence of Allah سبحانه وتعالى. I listen to Baqarah as I am learning it these days and I love revising all the ayahs frequently.
-Where do you long to go on a visit? Why?
I have always wanted to go to Spain. It was the one of the largest Muslim civilizations in the history. I read a lot about the time when Islam had deep roots in Spain and Muslims excelled in all kinds of fields. I want to go see all the historic places and ruins of the Islamic age there.
-What are your hobbies?
I am an avid reader. I love sports and writing about Islam. I spend a large amount of time teaching and learning. I also love preparing speeches and lectures.
-If you start another blog, what will it be about?
It will definitely be about my musings about things around me and time spent with my siblings.
Facts about me:
- I love learning about history.
- I have more of a leader like personality.
- I am crazy for books (all kinds).
- I am very close to my younger sibling and she takes really good care of me.
- I get influenced by knowledgeable people very quickly.
- I get worried very easily and this gets me into trouble all the time.
- I am studying A levels as a private candidate.
- I am on my way to becoming an international speaker.
- I love volunteering for all kinds of programs.
- I can sleep almost everywhere.
The blogs I would like to nominate are:
My questions are:
- your biggest aim in life?
- your greatest achievement in life?
- the most interesting book you have read?
- What inspired you to blog?
- your role model?
- What kind of people inspire you the most?
- What annoys you the most?
- Are you someone who has a good control over his/her emotions?
- If you are an imaginative person, what do you imagine the most?
- If there is one thing you want to change, what would it be?
The rules are simple. When you are nominated, you are asked a bunch of questions, and then you nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions and write 10 facts about yourself.
I hope to read your replies soon.